Since last release, the number of users of GLSL Minifier has increased, while number of bug reports decreased. I think it’s a good reason to move to version 1.0. This obfuscator has been used in a few great intros, such as Another Theory (winner at Main) and White one (winner at tUM). Hopefully we will see many intros using it at Revision.
The main feature of this release is the support for HLSL obfuscation, so we’ll now call this tool “Shader Minifier”. I got pretty good results with it, and I’ve been able to reduce the size of some famous 4k intros. Renaming strategy has been improved a bit; Detailed statistics will come later.
Try it now, download Shader Minifier!
- HLSL Support. Please use –hlsl flag.
- in/out now behave like uniform on global values (requested by several people), you can choose to preserve them.
- Information on console output is removed unless you use -v (verbose).
- Spaces in macros are now stripped (thanks to @lx!).
- New flag –no-renaming to prevent from doing renaming.
- Various fixes and improvements.