I’ve just fixed a few bugs in GLSL Minifier. Here is the list of changes for the 0.4.2 version:
- Smaller file to download (700kb instead of 1.8Mb), using MPress. Thanks eyebex!
- Print -.5 instead of -0.5. Thanks to stan_1901!
- Parse octal and hexadecimal numbers. Bug found in Valleyball source code, thanks BluFlame!
- Can compress several shaders at once, but only if the –preserve-externals flag is set.
- Reorder uniform/varying/attribute declarations. This reduces the size of some shaders.
- Fix a bug where the order of instructions was messed-up. Thanks to XT95!
- Fix the –macro-threshold option. Thanks to Řrřola!
- Forbid the reusing variable names in the same function (which is rejected by ATI compiler). Thanks again to Řrřola!
- Handle multiline macros in the parser. Bug found in The Wind under my wing code, thanks Navis!
- Improve the way the C header file is generated, trying to avoid name clashing. Thanks again eyebex!
My testing scripts are not fully set up, so you might find some other bugs. Please report them! If you use the –preserve-externals option, you might get name clashes if you use one letter names. That will be fixed another time.